Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the aspect of landing, or, the aspect of leaving



dropped
stomach knows as soon as plane
lifts off
            not grounded
            not touching earth
        midair

        somewhere
        tilted
        in vehicle
            that somehow flies
        a mystery
            of science

dizzying landing
extending to my stomach

humans don't fly &
        we are not
        connected
to anything at that moment


& under flat rows
of clouds that look
like tissues
flat & rumpled, white
dim subdued lights
of the city glow through
hints of the bustle

everything is clearer
above the world

I am closer to
the starts than I've
ever been before

I want to be the leaver, not get left behind

see where the water ends and
the sky begins (at night it
all meshes together
like one
dark
mess) & ships look like
they're flying

so
many
things
will
feel
familiar

breathe
sigh
in

make the first move
before anything
can be
set

get away first
get away far
get away close
to change my way of mind
setting of my mind
being of my mind
being molded
infiltrated with settings of
these different settings while
sunsets stay golden they
have different tints different
angles different shading

clouds leave shadows
on the world I fly
to Florida and I see
all of New York displayed
to my right each skyscraper
ready to be picked up by my
hand and
those clouds above leave
gray spots all over New York
darkening those streets for
those few seconds as the
clouds slowly roll away
darkening everything in its path
but I fly ahead and
beat the clouds

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this made my day. i love it so much.

Mr Bragonti said...

I want to say this every time I fly but you said it perfectly......Thank you