Friday, November 2, 2007

Queens Night Sky

Despite the chilly weather, there is something about autumn/winter skies that differs from summer skies. Without a cloud in sight, the past two nights presented dark, clear skies and my favorite: the plentiful array of stars that New York City can offer (though it's meager compared to the stars in Ossining and Jim Thorpe). These I couldn't even count with my two hands. Searching above, I found Orion's Belt and I remembered looking for it every time I took the 4 train home from Bronx Science after yearbook at night. Soon enough, the Little Dipper will greet me before I enter my apartment building.

[In other news, after a lingerie party (ooh la la) tomorrow night, I'm going on a camping trip with some friends and while I'm excited about it, I'm a bit worried because I'm in charge—I've figured out where we're going (Denning's Point near Cold Spring, New York), made out the lists of supplies, I'm borrowing a stove and fuel from Rob and buying water and food and all that good stuff. It's been a while since I've planned something (my newspaper craziness doesn't count) and it does feel good. We'll see how it goes...]

No comments: